If you love art, enjoy working with people–or both–this is the perfect opportunity to support Austin’s art museum! The Blanton continues to accept applications for volunteers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Volunteers help in invaluable ways and create a welcoming atmosphere at the museum, in addition to keeping a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers. Qualifications to become a volunteer include:
• 18 years of age or older.
• Interested to help visitors and assist museum Visitor Services staff as needed.
• Willing to answer questions or solve visitor problems in a friendly and engaging manner.
• Accustomed to learning from and working with people of all types and opinions.
• Able to keep an open and accessible attitude towards museum visitors.
• In Austin on a regular basis and have 3 hours per week to support the museum.
• Free to complete initial volunteer training within 2 months of the application date.
• Committed to volunteering once a week or every other week for a year.
The Blanton welcomes UT students as well as those from any university campus, and members of the greater Austin community who are cheerful, kind, helpful, empathetic, patient, service–oriented, and want to spend time in an arts-loving community. Volunteers work with other arts-interested adults and will be trained on site during their first few visits. For further information about the Blanton’s volunteer program or assistance applying to be a volunteer, please contact Susan Griffin at 512.232.1988 or email@example.com.
Apply to be a Volunteer