Each of the Blanton’s evolving menu of tours is designed to engage diverse audiences and provide a window into the history of art. Whether you would prefer to drop by for a scheduled public tour or are planning a large group field trip, we offer guided and self-guided experiences to fit your needs. Tours are also available in Spanish, French, Dutch, German, and Portuguese upon request.
We ask that all groups of 10 or more to schedule visits at least three weeks in advance, as tour slots fill quickly.
For general questions regarding tours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To preview the collection and design a museum session for your university class, contact Siobhan McCusker, Museum Educator for University Audiences, at email@example.com.
Public Drop-In Tours
The museum offers themed tours of the permanent collection and special exhibitions every Saturday and Sunday at 3 p.m,, every Thursday at 12:30 p.m., and Third Thursday at 7:30 p.m., with some exceptions.
The Blanton's school tours aim to inspire curiosity and foster lifelong relationships between students and the art museum through interactive, inquiry-based explorations of art.
School tours are $2 per student, including on Thursdays. Required chaperones and teachers accompanying the group are free. For planning purposes, teachers always receive free admission upon presentation of a school ID. Additional adults pay the general admission price of $9.
Explore K-12 tour options
University of Texas Classes and Groups
- Student, staff, and faculty groups are welcome to explore the museum through self-guided visits or staff- or docent-guided visits.
- Blanton Educators can collaborate with faculty to create custom class visits to suit curricular needs and course objectives.
- Student attendance must be mandatory for staff- or docent-guided class visits.
- Professors and/or TAs are required to accompany their students on staff- or docent-guided class visits.
- Tours for current University of Texas faculty, staff and students are free of charge.
Adults and Other Area Colleges & Universities
- Overview Tour — Features highlights of the collection with stops in the museum's Modern and Contemporary Art Galleries, European Paintings Galleries, and Print and Drawing Galleries. This tour surveys inspiring artworks spanning the Italian Renaissance to the cutting-edge contemporary art of North America and Latin America.
- Permanent Collection Tours — An in-depth exploration of either the European Painting Galleries or the Modern and Contemporary Art Galleries.
- Special Exhibition Tour — An engaging look at one of The Blanton's special exhibitions.
- Adult Guided Tours are $9 per person.
- Senior group tours are $7 per person.
- Non-UT college group tours are $5 per student.