It’s the Monday after Thanksgiving, which means the holiday shopping season is in full swing! Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift for the first night of Chanukah, an ideal stocking stuffer for Christmas morning, or a festive way to ring in the New Year, the Blanton has you covered with creative gift ideas for everyone on your list.
To gift a year filled with insightful exhibitions and engaging experiences, look no further than a membership to the Blanton. Not only do all of our members receive free admission to the museum year-round, they also get special discounts at the Museum Shop, free tickets to B Scene parties, and so much more! Check out our membership levels, which start at just $50 for a full year. (P.S. If you purchase a membership in the next few days, you could enjoy our Members Double Discount Shopping Week at the Museum Shop—a whopping 20% off! Details below.)
For something more immediately tangible, check out the Blanton Museum Shop. Located just across the plaza from the galleries in the Edgar A. Smith Building, the Museum Shop offers eco-friendly, socially conscious, and artful treasures from around the globe—including smart finds from local Austin artisans. As a Blanton Member, enjoy Double Discount Shopping Week, featuring 20% off your entire purchase, starting this Friday, December 4 through December 13.
To make your holiday season a little less hectic, we’ve put together a gift guide with picks for all on your list – happy shopping!
- For the Eco-Friendly Fanatic, a Paperthinks handbag is the perfect fit. These beautiful, bold bags are made of 100% recycled leather and available in a range of eye-popping colors and multiple sizes. $50-110.
- For the Local Fashionista, consider a geometrically inspired, forged brass bangle by Son of a Sailor. This husband and wife team handcrafts all of their jewelry in a local Austin studio. A variety of colors and designs available. $32-$180.
- For the Minimalist Family, try these chic animal toys from Kid O. Mix and match common zoo animals in brightly colored pieces to create new versions of familiar friends. Sort and snap pieces together to produce funny puzzles that encourage early creative thinking and storytelling. Ages 2+. Set of 3 for $24.
- For the Wine Lover, this Kikkerland Design Inc. skull corkscrew makes the perfect stocking stuffer! It’s a unique, fun, and functional item that complements the Blanton’s current exhibition, Moderno: Design for Living in Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela 1950-1978. $25.
- For the Design-Savvy Friend, look no further than these Finell “Spin” silicone vessels. Store anything, from food to jewelry, in these unbreakable, sleek and stylish containers. Available in a variety of shapes and colors. $90.
If the shopping gets tiring, have no fear! Just walk across the foyer, take a load off, and treat yourself to one of Jeanna’s tasty creations at the Blanton Café.
Happy holidays from all of ours to all of yours!
Tessa Krieger-Carlisle is the PR and Marketing Manager at the Blanton Museum of Art. She holds a BA in the History of Art from UC Berkeley and an MA in the History of Art from the Courtauld Institute of Art in London.