- Look and enjoy, but please do not touch the art.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries, including gum and water bottles.
- Cell phone calls are not permitted in the galleries.
- Items larger than 11 x 15 inches – including backpacks, diaper bags, purses, umbrellas, and other bulky or rigid items – are not allowed in the museum. Lockers are available.
- Pencils only (no pens) are permitted in the galleries.
- Sketching is permitted in the galleries – pencil and colored pencil only, no ink or charcoal – with softbound sketchbooks no larger than 18 x 24 inches.
- Only service animals are permitted in the buildings. Emotional support animals are not permitted inside. Learn more about The University of Texas at Austin’s policy here.
The University of Texas at Austin’s tobacco-free campus policy applies to all university buildings and on university grounds. Smoking is not allowed inside the Blanton’s three buildings and surrounding walkways, sidewalks, and parking areas.
What’s Changed – Amenities & Facilities
- Some galleries and spaces remain temporarily closed. Download our museum map pdf for all current closures.
- The Blanton Café and Museum Shop are temporarily closed until early 2023, when the museum will celebrate the grand reopening of its new grounds. See a list of other restaurants and cafes nearby in this interactive Google map. You can also view pdf maps of nearby “Bites and Brews” in web and print format.
What’s Changed – Arriving at the Museum
- Check in at the Visitor Services Desk. If you did not buy online tickets ahead of time, walk-up tickets will be available for purchase.
- Visit our accessibility & amenities page for detailed directions, useful maps and more.
- Paid parking is available at Brazos Garage. Blanton Members receive $4 discounted parking—bring your parking ticket to the Visitor Services Desk for payment. General visitors pay regular rates directly at Brazos Garage (effective October 1, 2022).
- Once inside, please follow our guidelines and enjoy the art!
- Do not visit the Blanton Museum of Art if you or anyone in your household is sick or feeling ill.
- Individuals at low risk do not need to wear a mask. Individuals who are immunocompromised or at high risk should continue to take precautions. This is in accordance with The University of Texas at Austin updated guidance effective March 21, 2022. Read more about The University of Texas at Austin’s mask recommendations here.
- Changing tables are located in all restrooms; there are no restrooms or changing areas on the second floor.
- Bags larger than 11 x 15 inches, including diaper bags, are not allowed in the galleries. Lockers are available on the ground floor.
- No baby backpacks or large-framed child carriers, please. Soft frontpacks and strollers are allowed in the museum.
- No snacks, drinks, or toys are allowed in the galleries.
- Some art in the museum contains content or ideas of an adult nature. If you are visiting with small children, feel free to ask our Visitor Services team or Gallery Assistants for further information about adult content in the galleries.
- If you have questions, please call the Visitor Services Desk at 512-471-5482.
Amateur photography and video using hand-held devices is allowed in the Blanton Museum of Art unless otherwise indicated by museum staff or signs. To ensure the safety of the art, we do NOT allow:
- Flash Photography
- Selfie Sticks
Feel free to text, take photos, and tweet about your visit, but please keep your phone on vibrate as a courtesy to other visitors. We love seeing creative photos from our visitors—when posting your photos please tag them #BlantonMuseum so we’ll see them too!
At this time, the museum cannot accommodate requests for photography, videography or filming for student projects or for professional sessions (including engagement photo shoots).
The Blanton Museum of Art reserves the right to remove an individual or group that is causing a distraction that may detract from the experience of other visitors.