2016 Holiday Gift Guide
December 5, 2016 by Blanton Museum of Art
That cold chill in the Austin air can only mean one thing: the holidays have finally come, and with them the time to shop for gifts for your loved ones! We know that this time of the year can be hectic and stressful, so we’ve created a Holiday Shopping Guide to the Blanton Museum Shop that’s sure to help you find the perfect present for anyone on your list. From locally inspired books and jewelry to playful outside-the-box stocking-stuffers, the Blanton Museum Shop has it all!
To give yourself a little peace of mind, check out a few of our holiday favorites:
- For the Local Austinite Family, an ATX-inspired children’s book by Triple Dog Press is the perfect gift. This wonderful collaboration between Austin writer Kelly Sharp and identical twin illustrators, Joy Buran and Noelle Melody, perfectly captures the heart and soul of Austin. $17.50.
- For the Pop Artist In-Training, try this Galison Mudpuppy Warhol Coloring Book. The perforated 32-page coloring book will allow any artist to let their creativity soar. $9.99.
- For the Caffeinated Art Lover, consider an art mug by Unemployed Philosophers Guild allowing anyone to start their day with a little caffeine and culture! From the caves paintings of Lascaux to Andy Warhol and Jeff Koons, this art history timeline mug is perfect for the seasoned art historian or beginning student. $14.
- For the Bee-Loving Best Friend, a Bee Amour hexagon pendant provides just the right amount of bling! Local artist and bee keeper Anna Gieselman creates striking bronze and silver jewelry inspired and cast from her honeycombs. $88.
- For the Longhorn Fanatic, look no further than this Bright Beam Goods ornament kit! All Laser made goods from Austin, TX, these assortments of flat packed kits can be assembled into three-dimensional ornaments including a longhorn, jackalope or freetail bat. $19.95
- For the Crazy Sock Collector, these kooky art socks by Hot Socks make the perfect stocking stuffer. Keep your feet warm in style! Whether you’re a fan of Monet or Chagall we are sure to have a pair that fits your artistic style. $8 women’s and $12 men’s.
To find these items and many more artistically-inspired gifts, stop by the Blanton Museum Shop and we will gladly help you cross anyone off your list! The Museum Shop is open 10am – 5pm Tuesday through Friday, 11am – 5pm Saturday, and 1pm – 5pm Sunday. The Museum Shop is located next to the Blanton Café in the Edgar A. Smith Building across the plaza from the museum. Parking is available in the Brazos Garage for a discounted rate of $4—please bring your ticket with you to be validated.
Still don’t know what to get for that person who seemingly already has everything? Try giving the gift of art and discovery with a membership to the Blanton. Not only do all of our members receive free admission to the museum year-round, they also get special discounts at the Museum Shop and Blanton Café, free tickets to B Scene parties, invitations to special events, and so much more! Check out our membership levels, which start at just $50 for a full year.
From the Blanton family to yours, Happy Holidays!
Gabby Pucci is a third year Public Relations/Art History student at the University of Texas at Austin. While pursuing this degree she is also the PR & Marketing Intern at the Blanton Museum of Art.