Austin Museum Day (Free Admission!)
LOOK. LISTEN. WONDER. CREATE. Get ready for the 20th Annual Austin Museum Day! Get creative with a community art project inspired by Indian rangoli 1-4pm. Watch and listen to traditional Indian dance
LOOK. LISTEN. WONDER. CREATE.
Get ready for the 20th Annual Austin Museum Day!
- Get creative with a community art project inspired by Indian rangoli 1-4pm.
- Watch and listen to traditional Indian dance & storytelling by Aruna Kharod 1-4pm.
- Explore our permanent collection and temporary exhibitions, Epic Tales from Ancient India: Paintings from the San Diego Museum of Art and Giant 1-5pm.
- Enjoy organic frozen pops from Mom & Pops [while supplies last].
- Save big at our Museum Shop SALE! Get 30% off ALL Indian merchandise including the exhibition catalogue, as well as an overstock exhibition catalogue sale ($10 and up)
FREE admission. FREE parking at Brazos Garage.
Some information about Rangoli:
Rangoli is an art form native to the region encompassing Nepal, India, and Bangladesh. You can find rangoli on both inside and outside floor spaces, and they are made from materials like dyed flour, sand, rice, or flower petals. Rangoli are usually made during festivals or celebrations and are associated with good luck and welcoming. Patterns are passed down through generations and often made by the family together. Representational and abstract representations of nature are recurring design themes.
Download the Austin Museum Partnership app [below] so you can plan your day!
A UT construction project will fence off some paths to the Blanton from 8.16.17 – 1.31.18.
The drop-off area and disabled parking spaces on Jester Circle (between Jester Dorm and the museum) will be inaccessible.
Visitors will still be able to access the museum via the sidewalk on MLK Jr. Blvd, and disabled parking is still available in the Brazos Garage.
Our Visitor Services staff can help if you have questions, are disabled, or need extra assistance: 512.471.5482.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
(Sunday) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm(GMT+00:00) View in my time