SEEKING VOLUNTEER GALLERY TEACHERS!
The Blanton Museum of Art is recruiting a culturally diverse group of friendly and engaging volunteers to teach groups of all ages in our galleries beginning in September 2022. Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply to support our work with dual-language schools.
Required 2-year minimum commitment includes:
◦ 20 hours of initial training beginning early September
◦ Regular teaching assignments at least once/week, Wednesday–Sunday
◦ Attend twice-monthly workshops, Monday mornings throughout the academic year
Interested? Come to an Information Session!
– Thursday, July 7 at 10:30 a.m. in person at the Blanton Museum
– Thursday, July 28 at 12:00 p.m. via Zoom (register at bit.ly/BlantonDocents)
When you are ready to apply, click on the button below. Resumes are appreciated, but not required. We will be in touch to schedule an interview in early-August, and final decisions will be made and communicated by mid-August.
Role & Expectations
Every two years, the Blanton recruits friendly and engaging volunteers to teach student groups of all ages in our galleries. We encourage applicants with a variety of experiences and skills to apply. Bilingual skills in both Spanish and English will help us to support dual language classrooms. Art background not required!
Gallery teachers must:
• Attend initial training sessions and additional online training modules.
• Attend occasional two-hour workshops on Mondays throughout the year.
• Be available for teaching assignments between 10 AM and 1 PM on at least one weekday per week (Wednesday – Sunday).
• Make a 2-year minimum commitment (1-year contracts available for current UT students).
• Demonstrate an ability to lead conversations on a variety of themes including art, social justice, and mindfulness.