Role & Expectations
Every two years, the Blanton recruits friendly and engaging volunteers to teach student groups of all ages in our galleries. We welcome educators with a variety of experiences and skills.
Gallery teachers must:
• Attend 24 hours of initial training sessions at the Blanton.
• Attend occasional two-hour workshops on Monday mornings throughout the year.
• Be available for teaching assignments between 10 AM and 1 PM on at least one weekday per week (Tuesday – Sunday).
• Make a 2-year minimum commitment (1-year contracts available for current UT students).
• Demonstrate an ability to lead conversations on a variety of themes including art, social justice, and mindfulness.
Our next Volunteer Gallery Teacher recruitment cycle will take place in Summer 2024.
Have questions? For more information please email email@example.com.